Last updated: 2022-08-20
Types of Personal Data We Collect
When you create your account, subscribe to our newsletter, download our digital tools, or engage in our services, we may ask you to provide Personal Information. Depending upon the activity you are attempting to complete, this may include any of the following:
- E-mail addresses
- Date of birth
- Mailing address
- Mobile phone number
- Credit card information
- Other personal information as necessary.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- Digital products on our website
- E-mail opt-in and subscription forms on our website
- Interviews and phone calls with you,
- Letters or e-mails from you,
- Tax return or financial planning organizers, and
- Financial history questionnaires.
We log IP addresses and domain names and aggregate them for system administration and to monitor the use of our website. We use the aggregated information, for example, to measure the number of visits to our website, the average time spent on our website, the number of pages viewed and to monitor various other website statistics.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct our browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Why We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect and use your personal data only as necessary and for the purposes for which it was obtained. We may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
Sales and Orders
To process, ship, and deliver your purchases and orders, and to inform you of status of your orders. Please note that Our products are displayed one-commerce websites that are not controlled or operated by Us. We recommend that you review their policies, including privacy, before making any purchases on their websites.
To create and maintain your accounts with us, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account.
To provide you with client services, including responses to your inquiries, complaints, and general feedback about our offerings. Client services may be provided through various forms of communication, including e-mail, letter, telephone, video calls, and online chat features.
To get you more actively engaged in our content, products, and services. This may involve the use or publication of consumer-generated content. We may also use your data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and any other information we believe will benefit you.
How Your Data is Used
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop our platform, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Us or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google).
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Us or Our third-party partners.
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with Our Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
Provide, Improve, and Develop Our Platform.
- Enable you to access and use Our Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize Our Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize Our Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to Our Platform.
Google & Meta Ads remarketing service allows us to deliver relevant online advertisements to targeted groups of anonymous users who have previously visited any of our-owned and/or managed website URLs and/or apps.
Using the Google & Meta Ads platform, we can deliver online banners, paid search ads, rich media ads, or other ad types across Google’s content network. This may include Meta & Google-owned properties as well as any non-Google & Non-Facebook-owned websites using the content network.
Neither Google Ads, Meta Ads, nor Us collects any personally identifiable information on any users without their expressed consent. All data collected by “cookies” are stored anonymously.
We use Google Analytics to track and monitor site traffic and user behavior. We use Active Campaign and Customerio to store email addresses and e-mail users’ content and newsletters.
Our Site includes Social Media Features, such as Social Media Like buttons and Widgets. These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our sites and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social Media buttons are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site.
You may opt-out at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any newsletter or mass-marketing email received from our Company. You may also email us at email@example.com.
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our prospects who have uploaded information to our document-sharing solution, clients, or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board of the organization.
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of the firm and non-affiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. (Examples of such disclosures include using an outside service bureau to process tax returns or engaging a records-retention agency to store prior year records.)
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information against unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction.